Sign In to join the community | Help
Electrical

The cord will not advance and I cannot pull it. I have Ryobi trimmer 2060.

Hi, I have a Ryobi trimmer, model 2060. The cord is down to 2 inches and frayed. It will not advance and I cannot pull it. There is enough in there as the unit is new. Can you help me?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-05-15T14:19:09+0000  by krijam99 krijam99

Hi krijam99,

It sounds like the string has become tangled inside the spool. Remove the spool from the unit, as if you were replacing it.

Pull on the end of the string until it unwinds easily. Remove some or all of the string from the spool so that the string is untangled.

If the string is still anchored onto the spool, turn the spool backward while pulling the string onto the spool as it turns in your hand. Reload the string so that the string unloads in the direction of the arrow on the spool.

If the string is not anchored to the spool, feed the string into the anchor hole(there will be one for each string) and fill as described above.

Dual string units fill the same way as singles do; they both fill the same way, just next to each other.

You can use the line from the spool or replace it with new string, whichever is easier for you.

Thanks for asking, good luck to you.

Travis 

Posted 2013-05-17T20:08:49+0000  by Travis_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+