Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

There's an ad on PBS for the Project Color app...need to know what color the wall is

Hi,

There's an ad on PBS for the Project Color app...and the same image is the landing page for the actual app. need to know what color the back wall is painted, it's a shade of dark brown. The other wall is a blue shade. 

Thank you!

Cathy

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-04-11T19:12:08+0000  by Catcope Catcope

Thanks for your question Catcope,

I used Home Depot Project Color app to answer your question.

I saved the online image, Emailed it to my phone, and saved it in images.

When I executed the "Match It" function on the app, I opened the image and clicked the brown field.

The app identified one Behr and one Ralph Lauren as the most similar colors:

Sturdy Brown MQ2-48

Burlap RL-1238

Because the image is photographically lit and not an actual color sample, you can move the cursor around and it will identify other colors as most similar.

Basically, this and other similar tools are starting points which will get you in a ballpark of colors.

Use available paper samples to narrow your selection and then purchase half-pint samples once you narrow it down to several.

Actual paint samples on the wall are very important when selecting colors because the lighting in your home will make a difference in how your colors appear.

When done, please take time to share your success by posting images on The Community.

Hope this helps,

Pat InPaint

Posted 2016-04-13T15:27:55+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+