Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

Threshold extensions

Bought a masonite patio door few years ago. Now built an addition and need to move it out. Only problem I have is the original is for 2 x4 wall now my new walls are 2x6. Do they sell an extension for that door at the store ?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-02-04T14:59:20+0000  by Jeejr Jeejr

Hello Jeejr, and welcome to the community!


Not sure where you are located, I'm in the Chicagoland area and we carry in-stock the Jeld-Wed brand not Masonite, we also have in-stock jamb extensions for the Jeld-Wen doors. Most stores carry a 5/8" extension as well as a 2" extension to bring out the jamb to a full 6-9/16". The kits contain two long pieces about 7 feet long , and short piece about 36" and a metal threshold extension. But, these jamb extension kits are for the entry doors not patio doors because of the short width threshold.


If your local Home Depot carries these jamb extensions in-stock you could use them but you would need to purchase 2 kits so you would have 3 long lengths to build out the jamb, but you will still need the metal threshold extension, maybe the store could order that for you.

Posted 2012-02-10T14:50:10+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question