Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Tile Saw - Workforce THD550

I purchased this saw 5 years ago at my store - I need to use it again (after 3 years in storage) and cannot find the water tray (reservoir) I no longer see this item on your site - does anyone know where I can order parts for this?  I LOVE this saw

Thanks in advance

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-06-05T20:31:47+0000  by Flo Flo

Hey mgw,

Thanks for your question!

To my knowledge, I haven't seen Home Depot carry a motor switch that would be an exact replacement that went on your THD550. I  work in the electrical department at my store, and the only thing that would work for us would be to rewire and/or create a new switch that we carry.

Our switches are different in shape and size, so you'd either have to take out the old switch, or install this one near it. In either case, you'd want the switch to be watertight and safe to use. One you can use if you install it properly is shown below.

While this isn't the exact replacement, it can work with proper planning. Or you can find another switch from another supplier. In either case, replacing the switch can be done.

Let me know if you have any addtional questions,

Joseph

Posted 2013-10-16T17:50:22+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Hey rickh,

Thanks for your question; welcome!

I agree; I read the instructions as well (found here) and didn't see anything regarding plunge cuts. This type of cut is typically reserved for overhead motor saws (like the ones shown below).

Due to your saw being a table top saw (motor is underneath), a plunge cut really can't be accurately acheived. However, you can plan out cuts by cutting the sides of where the vent will go for this type of tile saw. This won't be as clean as a plunge cut, but it can work.

Essentially, the only way to really get a plunge cut is to rent or purchase an overhead motor tile saw.

Regards,
Joseph

Posted 2013-10-16T17:16:17+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

The box it came in, as well as the directions, indicate this saw makes interior cuts, circle cuts, etc. and yet the instuctions give me no clue as to how to set the saw up to do these operations.....I want to cut a rectangle out of the middle of a 15 X 15 tile for a floor heat vent. How do I do it??????

Posted 2013-03-20T19:06:30+0000  by rickh

I'm searching for a "power switch" for the THD550. I contacted Workforce's service center; and the parts for the THD550 are no longer being manufactured. Does HD sell a switch similar to the switch on the THD550? If not, than where can I find a switch that is similar to the switch on the THD550?

Posted 2012-09-20T17:42:31+0000  by mgw

Hello kdog1974 and welcome to the Community!

We are glad to have you join the forum.

Thanks for the feedback on this tile saw.

Please keep us updated on your projects and feel free to join in helping others.

Newf.

Posted 2011-12-20T16:16:10+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

I have one of these saws as well and it works great! I've done four jobs with it since I was "paid" with it after doing my brother and sister-in-law's bathroom floor. They bought it since I knew how to lay tile, but I told them I needed to rent a saw. Ergo, they floated the money to get this saw. Great idea! I just finished a new job for a friend and I needed a new blade, so I went looking.

Anyway, the replacement parts for it are pretty easy to obtain. Workforce is a part of Chevron Power Tools. http://www.chervonpowertools.com/products/product.aspx?ID=4 . Great product!

Posted 2011-12-18T16:03:56+0000  by kdog1974

Hey Flo, 

Thanks for the great question, and welcome to the community!

I work in the flooring department at my store and I remember selling the THD550! It was a great little tile saw we sold, I'm glad all you need on it is just the water tray.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, I am assuming your table top tile saw looks like the one in the picture below...

tilesaw hd550 Workforce.JPG

I work in the Atlanta area, and I checked the computer system at my store, and it was a SKU that has long since been deleted. 

Technically, there is a webpage off our site that rates customer reviews and talks a little bit about the saw, it you want to see the link, you can find it here.

So, I dug a little further for you. I found Workforce's website that has the exact replacement parts for your wet saw. In fact, if you ever need additional parts such as switches, outer flanges, or even specific screws for it, they have it on their website! The webpage that has all the replacement parts for your HD550 can be found here.

I got burned by our website in not telling us where and how to get the replacement parts since the webpage is old, I also assumed the Workforce website was old as well. I called their hotline on their website at 1-866-513-6723 and got some very good news!

The replacement water tray IS available to purchase either on the website or by calling the phone number above! The representative told me the price was a bit over 16 dollars and that it ships to your home within 2-5 business days.

So, there you have it, with this information I have provided, you should have your replacement water tray and having the saw ready to rip those tiles in no time flat.

Also, thank you for this question, by doing the investigation I stumbled upon Workforce's replacement parts website that I didn't even know existed until this morning!

Hope this helps you out,

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2011-06-06T14:03:10+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+