Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Tile refinishing for both wall and floor?

Hi, I want to update my bathrrom in an affordable way. I'm wondering whether there's any tile refinishing or reglazing kit for both wall and floor tiles. Most products I saw are for walls. Thanks!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-07-01T00:48:25+0000  by yzhangjsxu yzhangjsxu

The reason you're seeing it for walls and not floors is that floors are subject to much more wear and tear.  Essentially any of these products are painting the tile and the paint just isn't designed for perform on a floor.

How about using one of the resurfacing products on the walls and put down new tile on the floor?  The materials can be relatively inexpensive given the size of most bathrooms.  

Posted 2013-07-01T02:33:16+0000  by Adam444

Hello Yzhangjsxu,

We have a few kits that can be used on both walls and floors.

One is the Tub and Tile refinishing kit by Rust-Oleum which comes in Biscuit and White.

The other is Tough as Tile by Homax. This product is available in an aerosol can or a brush- on and both come in white.

The really important part of painting floor tiles, and tiles in general, is the prep. The tile needs to be completely clean or the paint will not be able to adhere properly. Follow the directions on the product that you use to ensure maximum durability and adhesion.

If you have any more questions, please let us know!

Christine :smileyhappy:

Posted 2013-07-01T13:04:21+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+