Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Toilet Tank Guts


I would like to know if I would need to know what type of toilet I have first before buying replacement guys for my bathroom toilet or are there universal set that I can use?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-03-15T18:39:52+0000  by kimmiekim kimmiekim



Hello kimmiekim,

There are universal parts and also universal complete kits that we carry in or stores that fit most standard toilets.

One of these sets will most likely work with your toilet with no problems but it is always helpful to know the brand name of the replacement unit.


Knowing the brand name will  help one of our pluming associates with product selection and any additional questions that you might have.

I have attached picture of one of the universal sets that we carry in our store and online.

repair kit.jpg

Hope this helps and please follow up if you have any additional questions.


Posted 2011-03-15T19:23:38+0000  by George_HD_CHI

Thank you for your speedy response.  Would that be the Fluidmaster Complete Toilet Repair Kit?

Posted 2011-03-15T19:43:58+0000  by kimmiekim

You are welcome!

Yes that is correct Fluid Master Complete Toilet Repair Kit.

Here is the link to our website if you need any additional product  info;


And also a link to a step by step repair guide;


I would also recommend to look in to HydroRight Dual-Flush Converter.

Hydro Right.jpg

This converter  turns standard toilets into 2-button fixtures that is designed to help reduce water usage.

The quick-flush setting uses significantly lower water volume for liquids and paper, while the full-flush setting uses the normal amount of water for solids.

Posted 2011-03-15T20:10:49+0000  by George_HD_CHI
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question