Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Toilet seat connector broken.

Hello,

My toilet seat and lid slipped out from the toilet bowl and I found that the plastic connectors are broken. Seat and lid looks fine. The plastic connectors are attached  to the bowl and won't come out. Ccould somebody please tell me how to take out this broken plastic connectors from the bowl.  Thanks

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-05-29T21:44:18+0000  by florida florida

Hello florida and welcome to The Community!  We are glad that you are here. 

It sounds like the seat and lid were sheared off from the mounting bolt and nut holding the assembly to the toilet.  Depending upon the type of toilet seat that you had, there may be a cover over the bolt at the back of the mount.  Open the clasp – it may open easily or use a flat screwdriver to pop it open.  The mounting bolt will be exposed. 

Clasp open.JPG

The mounting bolt should have a slot in the top.  Hold the nut underneath the toilet bowl with your hand, a small wrench (shown), or a pair of pliers.  Use a screwdriver and a firm grip to unscrew the bolt.   If the toilet seat was in place for a long time, it may not want to leave!  Just apply continual pressure and it should release. 

Unscrew use.JPG

Remove the clasp from the top of the toilet bowl and look for a possible washer under the toilet bowl. 

Remove.jpg

You will reverse the steps when you replace the toilet seat and cover.

Best wishes on your project and please keep us posted on your update.

Posted 2011-05-31T16:48:21+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+