Sign In to join the community | Help
Electrical

Toro Leaf blowers?

hello,  I was recently at the home depot and i was looking at the Toro Electric blowers.  Can you please tell me what the difference is between the black and red models?  Thanks for your time.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2010-10-28T14:45:18+0000  by blackcaddy90 blackcaddy90

Greetings Blackcaddy90!  Welcome to our community.  This is Mike with The Home Depot in Chicago and I’m here to help.  The Toro electric blowers that Home Depot sell are a great product.  They work great if you use it as a blower or as a blower vacuum. 

The black Toro model is great if you’re going to use it as a blower.  It rates 7 on the Home Depot power scale.  It’s light weight and offers enough power to blow wet leaves off a drive way.  When it comes to using the vacuum feature it has a plastic blade on the bottom that mulches the leaves up very fine.

The red Toro model is the next step up.  It has a power rating of 8.  It serves better as a blower vacuum due to the fact that it has a metal blade on the bottom.  This will withstand all types of leaves and sticks without jamming or clogging and it is still powerful enough to take care of wet leaves and debris.

Both of these models offer great use for any application that you will use it for.  Both of these models are easy to use and work great for any of their applications. The advantage of electric blowers is you will have consistent power as long as the extension cord is plugged in.

If you have any questions feel free to stop by your local Home Depot  I hope I provided you the info you were looking for.

Posted 2010-10-28T15:42:47+0000  by FlyingHDsod

Hello blackcaddy90,

Travis here at Home Depot in Atlanta.

There are at least three different Toro blowers in stock at my Home Depot. The Power Sweep (click here) model has 7 amps of power,  2 speeds, 160 mph, and weighs less than 5 pounds.lil toro.jpg

The Super Blower Vac (click here) is a combination blower, leaf vacuum, and leaf shredder. It has an 11 amp motor, 2 speeds, up to 230 mph, will reduce leaf volume by 10 to 1, and collect that mulch into the reusable bag.             super toro.jpg

The Toro Ultra Blower Vac (click here) steps up to 12 amps of power. Combine that power with a variable speed switch and you can improve mulch reduction to 16 to 1. Total speed increases to 235 mph and the air impeller / mulcher is metal on the Ultra for added durability.                                                                                                       ultra toro.jpg

As you can see, there is more than a color difference between these fine blowers!

Thanks for the question, I hope I helped.

LawnRanger

Posted 2010-11-09T19:12:21+0000  by Travis_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+