Sign In to join the community | Help
Electrical

Track lighting system

I am looking preferably for a track lighting system to accommodate (4) 250 watt near infrared incandescent bulbs, preferably not too expensive. If not available in a track format, I also may consider non-track.

I will con

Hi,

I am looking for a track lighting system to accommodate (4) 250 watt near infrared incandescent bulbs, preferably not too expensive. If not available in a track format, I also may consider non-track.

If you might send me some links (or other descriptions), this would be helpful.

I am not sure I can obtain a track lighting system that accommodates 250W  incandescent bulbs. If not might you make another suggestion.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-09-03T15:33:00+0000  by Gerome1 Gerome1

There are plenty of track light heads that will accept a 250w bulb but most are designed for a PAR38 bulb, not the BR40 bulb of most heat lamps.  PAR38 and BR40 describe the shape of the bulb, with the BR40 bulb being larger in diameter than a PAR38 so a BR40 bulb may not fit correctly in a head designed for a PAR38 bulb.  Heads for a 250w bulb are also going to be more expensive because they have to be built to handle the heat generated by the bigger bulbs.  I did find one head that will accept a BR40 bulb, but it's pretty expensive at $80 (at least from one source).

I'm sure there are other options, try an Internet search for "250 watt track lighting".
Posted 2018-09-03T16:12:22+0000  by Adam444
Hello Gerome1.

I did find one track head at homedepot.com that handles 250 watt bulbs.  You can find it here.  It is compatible with Progress Lighting track systems and uses PAR 38 bulbs.

Chris.

Posted 2018-09-04T13:27:12+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+