Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

TrafficMaster Allure Ultra Resilient Plank Flooring

Hey everyone!

Last week I was fortunate enough to help install quite possibly the best resilient flooring that's out there. 

Let me introduce you to to TrafficMaster's new Allure Ultra Resilient Plank flooring, sold exclusively at The Home Depot!

While we have done some posts on the community regarding standard Allure flooring already,  this post to to inform you that Allure Ultra steps up and improves upon the great performance Allure already does. 

All around and pound for pound, Allure Ultra goes further with the same technology that regular Allure does, but with key features that make installation easier and gives an affordable solution to areas that are prone to water and moisture.

The main takeaway I wanted to share on this post is the fundamental difference in the way Allure Ultra is installed versus standard Allure flooring. 

Below is a picture demonstrating how Allure Ultra is being installed. Notice on the top picture how the Clic-lock technology allows for easy installation. The planks snap together by angling the plank to the other just like you would with click-wood or laminate flooring. The picture below is the standard Allure flooring that uses the Grip-Strip to secure the planks together. Grip Strip is an adhesive that works great for installing the floor and keeping it secure, but the Clic-lock technology in Allure Ultra makes installation and upkeep much easier.

Allureultra.JPG

Both kinds install to themselves as a "floating" system, so no glue or nails are needed to secure them into place. Both also need to be secured on the edges by leaving a 1/4" gap between the floor and wall and placing molding on top of them so as not to allow for drastic shifts. 

So other than installing, what makes Allure Ultra the best resilient flooring out there? Well, I'll list several features here that make it the best choice for your floor:

• 20 mil wear layer thickness. Compare that to 7mm is some laminate plank floors!
  • 100% water-proof. But it is NOT a water-proofing product. Any moisture problems need to be addressed before installation
  • has a CBT (Ceramic Bead Technology) coating for added wear and durability!
  • can be installed over uneven sub-floors or existing floors such as natural wood, concrete, vinyl, linoleum, and even ceramic. But remember, any loose or damaged floors should be fixed prior to installing Allure Ultra over the old floor
  • Allure Ultra is extremely easy to clean and maintain, and best cleaning are done with SingleStep Allure cleaner 
Below are samples of the two colors we currently have in-stock in most stores. Also, be sure to check out further samples through special order of more colors as well. 
Allureultrasamples.JPG

For any further information on this great new product, check out Home Depot's video, you can find it here

Hopefully this post will get you on the right path to choosing the easiest, durable, and affordable high-quality resilient flooring that you can get for your next flooring project!

Have a great day,

aboveaveragejoe

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-03-21T15:29:24+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL Joseph_HD_ATL

Thanks, I found the link for the T-moulding strips by Zamma (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Zamma-Vintage-Oak-Cinnamon-1-8-in-Thick-x-1-3-4-in-Wide-x-72-in-Length-Vinyl-T-Molding-015223503/203528278#specifications).  My only question is it when i order it is it 1 strip or am I ordering multiple?

Posted 2014-02-05T22:35:58+0000  by drew033

No problem.

Just make sure the planks acclimate in the rooms they will be installed in; not just any random place in the house.

Theres really a simple solution for multiple doorways where different directions meet; transition strips.

We carry T-moulding strips by Zamma through here online or through special order at your local store. This special type of transition will cover up and meet any gaps so the final look with be as seamless as it can be.

Oak 3/8 in. Thick x 1-3/4 in. Wide x 94 in. Length Laminate T-Molding

Also, be sure to read the instructions that I linked before in orange, so you can get a better grasping of the entire installation process.

Let us know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2014-02-05T21:03:31+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Thanks for the prompt reply - We actually bought the flooring last week but have not been able to set aside the time to install so it will have more than 1 week to aclimate.  Any tips on working through multiple doorways facing different ways? 3 of them are North-South, 1 is East-West.

Posted 2014-02-05T20:12:28+0000  by drew033

Hey drew033,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

You picked a great flooring for your basement area! The good news is that you can immediately place furniture over your new Allure Ultra after installing it.

Just make sure you are using felt pads or similar items underneath to protect your new floors from scratches and scuff marks.

As for tips, as long as you follow the installtion instructions to Allure Ultra, you'll be fine. This includes buying the planks very  soon, and let them acclimate in the rooms they will be installed for at least 48 hours before installation.

Finally, you'll need to prep the existing concrete slab subfloor to make sure it is clean, level, and free of any debris.

Start with a good foundation, and you'll have a good final look and life for your new floors!

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2014-02-05T18:47:53+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

I am installing this flooring in my walk out basement (den, bedroom, halway, bathroom) this weekend over the concrete sub floor - Any tips? How long do I need to wait before placing furniture on the flooring? Thanks for the help.

Posted 2014-02-05T18:01:41+0000  by drew033

Hey again tpeila,

Yes this tape will work for concrete, or any floor for that matter. That is the reason why I chose this tape to recommend in the first place. Just make sure the subfloor is clean and level before continuing.

Joseph

Posted 2014-01-22T13:07:12+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
Thanks Joseph
Will this tape work with a concrete subfloor??? They are installing on concrete
Posted 2014-01-19T18:53:08+0000  by tpeila

Hey tpeila,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

I'd say that the height difference isn't a big hurdle, as long as the installers plan it out properly You didn't say how large the height was; and anything taller than a few inches will mean a bit extra work there.

You can glue a very small section where the transition would go, but I find that using double sided mounting tape is just as effective and much easy to pull up in the future. In fact, the manufacturer of Allure Ultra recommends this over any type of glue.

Click on the image of the mounting tape below to see if it is available near you.

I lived in a house where there was a sunken room and the transition was a full step. Unfinished wood was stained and then clear coated to match the floor below. A stair nose was used for the step and the same wood was used for the riser.

If you have a higher transition than what a hard surface reducer (no more than about 2 inches), I'd suggest that the installer put in a step/riser stained to match the floor. It really all depends though on how high the height difference is now between floors.

Communicating this or a similar solution would be ideal for your installer; as they may or may not be able to do the wood step.

Joseph

Posted 2014-01-08T14:10:22+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

We are VERY interested in installing the commercial plank flooring in our hallway/laundry room HOWEVER our BIG hurdle is there is a significant height difference between the two rooms. The subfloor is concrete. We were told by one installer that you can glue that portion of the flooring down, just where the transition is. I want to make sure this is not going to void any warranties. Home Depot will be installing hopefully. We are getting ready to test the mosture to see if a poly barrier is needed as well. 

Posted 2014-01-07T21:33:22+0000  by tpeila

Thanks again,

Yeah RedGuard is cool stuff just expensive. I did two coat like the direction instructed. The planks have been in the room for about a month so I am sure their acclimated. I have not finished the molding/transition installation, but I did leave the 1/8" spacers all around the room. It does seem like the noise is getting less and less and it just needs a lot of settling time. If I stand in one spot for a certain length of time then move it always make a noise. The floor is holding together great. I made a tapping block out of an scrap piece and triple checked each line with a flashlight upclose and have not seem even a small crack or any pulling apart. Still got two more rooms to install and just wanted to make sure I was not missing something like a fabric or something to help reduce noise. Thanks again

Posted 2014-01-03T16:46:13+0000  by Cire88
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+