Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

Trending in the Aisles: Hexagon Tile

As design trends in tile are many, one that is making a comeback is a shape that can always be modern or traditional.

While rectangular-shaped large field tiles are popular, so is another version. Maybe not as well known, but it has been available through special order and now sold at some Home Depot stores.

That shape would be the simple but elegant hexagon-shaped tile.

Shown below and linked here, one version by MARAZZI is great for just about any indoor or outdoor tile installation.

This particular hex tile is 16 inches by 16 inches, which makes it ideal for patios, living areas and even bathroom floors. 

Since it's porcelain based and it's ratings are high for slip-resistance, this makes it a great choice for even the harshest outdoor climates (porcelain is frost-proof unlike ceramic tiles).

This specific color and design mimics the concrete finishes seen in older homes or outdoor spaces. In fact, it looks exactly like my sidewalk pavers in my historic neighborhood where i live in Atlanta. 

Install this properly in any space you wish and use a grout width to give yourself a great update to any area of your home. To read more about installing this tile from MARAZZI, please click here.

If placed over tile backerboard, it can also be used with high-strength mortar on vertical surfaces, like a shower wall. 

At some select stores and online, you can also opt for an even more sleek hexagon-shaped tile, shown below and linked here.

From a design standpoint, thinking outside the square with these hex-shaped tiles give any surface you wish to cover a more alluring appearance than the traditional type.

Check them out online here or see if they are available at your local Home Depot store if you are in the need to update any flooring or space with this beautifully shaped tile.

And as always, let us know if you have any further questions regarding any flooring needs you may have.

Joseph

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-05-21T17:26:02+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL Joseph_HD_ATL

Topic
Categories+