Sign In to join the community | Help
Outdoors

Trending in the Aisles: Mosquito Control

There is a buzz in the air and you are not going to like it.  Due of the unseasonable amount of rainfall and elevated temperatures, many of the areas of our country are experiencing a mosquito population explosion.  One way to reduce numbers these irritating creates is the Mosquito Dunks.

Mosquito Dunks biological mosquito control contains Bti, a natural mosquito larvicide, which kills mosquito larvae, but is harmless to birds, fish, wildlife, and pets. Simply place a Dunk in any standing water to control mosquito larvae for up to 30 days. Each Dunk treats up to 100 square feet of surface water regardless of depth.

Safe to use in any standing water.

1.    Koi Ponds

2.    Rain barrels

3.    Hydroponic systems

4.    Planters

5.    Bird baths

Safely reduce future generations before the can get big enough to bite.

Enjoy the outdoors.

Charlotte.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-07-21T19:01:31+0000  by Char_HD_CHI Char_HD_CHI

Thanks Char!

The only water in my yard is an active creek that flows constantly.

So, rather than use larvacide, I choose Cutter Backyard Bug Control.

This hose-end spray controls ants, fleas, and mosquitoes for up to twelve-weeks.

The ready-to-use container allows you to cover approximately 5,000 square-feet ... enough to do my backyard twice.

But rather than wait twelve-weeks, I usually retreat my yard every six-weeks.

When grilling season is underway, I keep this product on hand.

A quick spritz several hours before guests arrive and no one gets bugged!

NOTE:
Spraying into the lower tree branches as well as under the deck produces the best results in my yard.
Posted 2015-07-30T19:59:40+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Greetings Char and Pat,

Bug control is a necessity when planning a back yard summer event.

Nothing can destroy the delight of an outdoor gathering, or take your appetite away from a Barbeque feast, like swarms of mosquitos.

My back yard has been the location of two lovely weddings, both in the summer, and both during the height of mosquito season.

So...I would like to add to this thread on mosquito control:

I have had great success with the use of the “Off Mosquito Lanterns”.

I put the lanterns out for the weddings. (a few on tables and some hung on the shepherd-like hooks that they came packaged with) I lit them one hour before the guests were scheduled too arrive. 

The bug defense candles and scent packets work for three hours; so I had refill kits ready for when the time came to replace them.

The weddings were lovely, not one person complained about mosquitos and there were lots of tiny, strapping sandals stepping and dancing on the grass in the yard!

I keep the lanterns up for the entire season; I have been using the original lanterns that I bought for the first wedding for more than 8 years now. I keep packages of refills on hand in case of impromptu get-togethers, and spontaneous cookouts!

Each lantern, when lit, will repel mosquitos in a 10x10 area for 3 hours without spray.

I recommend these lanterns to customers in the aisles that are looking for a suggestion for bug control for parties, or just to have on the patio. The light adds ambiance to outdoor gatherings while fighting off biting mosquitos.

Our outdoor living time is precious and fleeting; do not let pesky mosquitos deny you any of that valuable time.

Stop by your local Home Depot and pick up a few “Off Mosquito Lanterns”, and make it a bright-light fight, keep those biting mosquitos away

Enjoy every outdoor moment of the summer!    Maureen

Posted 2015-08-25T15:22:56+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+