Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

Trning a closet into a media room.

I am wanting to get some tips on how to turn a closet size area into a DVD media room with shelves on the 3 walls.  The shelves would hold cd's, dvd's, vhs tapes.  nothing too fancy I just need a boiler plate to get myself started.   Thanks for any help.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-08-02T12:48:04+0000  by anthonymcdaniel anthonymcdaniel

Hello Anthonymcdaniel,

Your question is right up my alley. I love woodworking. I’ve done multiple posts on how to build shelving units and even a DVD rack.

I have given you a few links below so that you can read thru them and take a little bit from each one to make your own media center. I think I would put a diamond shape shelving unit on the back wall and DVD racks on both sides. This would give it a really cool look and be very functional.

You can make the diamonds smaller if you wanted to since the items you are needing to store are all fairly small or just leave it at the 16” to accommodate other items as well as your CDs, DVDs and VHS tapes.

DVD Rack, Diamond Shape Shelves, Poster Storage Box.

Diamond Wall Unit. diamond shelf pic.jpeg

I hope this has given you the boiler plate to get you off to a good start.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and please post some before and after pictures of your new media room. I would love to see it.

Posted 2011-08-03T21:43:26+0000  by Christine_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+