Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Trying to install 52 inch HB Campbell fan w/remote and light kit in house with a flat roof

I've been trying to install 52 inch Hampton Bay Campbell fan with remote and light kit in a house with a flat roof but there is no room to stuff the wires! The electrical box has to be so shallow compared to the normal box so it leaves very little space for wires to be stuffed into. The remotes takes up room in the canopy. The ceilings are too low to use the down rod so I have to use the close-to-ceiling mount. How do I do it?  

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-07-14T23:05:18+0000  by SLA SLA

Hello SLA,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your question!

Your Hampton Bay Campbell fan is a nice fan, but it can be difficult to place a receiver in it if you are flush-mounting it in a shallow junction box. Having installed a few fans in my lifetime, I've been in this situation before. It takes a bit of patience and experience to get the wires in without damaging them.

I would say it would take a combination of seeing if you can cut back some of the wires slightly, alongside balancing the fan on a ladder or having a helper assist you.

Other than removing the existing junction box  and replace it with a deeper cu. in. box (which I'd prefer you not to do, unless it isn't rated for a fan), try the options I discussed eariler.

Keep me updated on your progress,

Joseph

Posted 2013-07-17T18:17:01+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+