Sign In to join the community | Help

UCLA student in need of a painter or HELP!

It's about time to move into our new apartments...meaning we have to sure up the place before the people living here next start moving in their things the first week of September. We had a friend of ours, who is a professional graffity artist, do three of our walls. The graffity is around 8 feet by 10 feet and we NEED to get it covered and looking identitcal to the other walls ASAP. We are more than willing to go get the paint and do it, but we feel as though someone professionally equiped would do a better job. If someone could point us in the direction of a resonably priced painter or any tips in paint and methods, it would be MUCH appreciated!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-08-02T20:50:27+0000  by uclabruin11 uclabruin11

Hi UCALBruin11,


Painting over your graffiti, is no big problem.


All you will need is some Kilz Max Stain Blocker Primer to cover the graffiti and some good quality Behr Premium Plus Interior Paint to paint the walls.


Wash the walls with a product such as TSP cleaner, let them dry, and then roll on the Kilz Max primer.


Use a brush such as a Purdy Interior Paint Brush to reach the corners and cut in along the ceiling, or buy a roller and pan kit.


Once the primer is dry, roll on the new paint using the same method. You’ll be done in no time and the place will look like new.


Good Luck!





Posted 2012-08-02T22:40:12+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question