Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Universal Light Kit for Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan

Greetings community, 

We had a question asked to us by user  Brs29, who wants to know:

Hello!!

I am new around here, and I saw on the forum of HD that you helped someone with a problem of a ceiling fan. I would like to know, if you can help me, with this problem. I have an old hampton bay ceiling fan that does not the label of the model # and its information, and  the part of where the lights are (3) is broke, and I havent find any part that fits to the original. Do you have any advice for me, in wich i can find an universal light kit???

Thanks for reading me!

To start off thanks for joining us Brs29 here on the community!

If you are for certain that your ceiling fan doesn't have a model#/UPC/SKU, did you make sure to check on top of the fan? If this is a flush mount fan, you'll need to turn the power off to the fan and take the cover that hides the motor, and your information should be inside it.

Knowing the number and/or what model your fan is is imperative; without this information a new light kit sold at our store may not work for you.

I would say first that if you do find the make and model of your Hampton Bay fan, contact them directly at their customer service number below.

1011_15_HamptonBay_CustServ_.jpg

Before you call them, I would first strongly suggest to upload us an image here of your fan and inspect it for a model number. It is on the top of the ceiling fan motor housing for downrod fans and inside the drum and/or motor housing for flushmounted fans.

After that, they can get you squared away with exactly the part you need!

Let me know if you have any addtional questions,

Joseph

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-09-18T18:48:26+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL Joseph_HD_ATL

Hey, thanks for your answer, the fan was a present gave to me, and I has a lot of bad painting on it. And the guy that has it, cover that information with too much paint that even I scratched some paint off of the ceiling fan, I could not see the model number. I think it was like peeled off when it was paint the first time. (I painted the 2nd one)

Then the worst thing happened, I decided to open the motor, and I found that all the wiring was disconnected and don't know where each cable belongs to....

Any suggestion besides throwing away??

Thanks for your time Joseph.

Posted 2013-09-18T19:24:08+0000  by Brs29

Hey you are very welcome!

As I stated earlier in my post, even something as small as uploading an image of it here will greatly assist you and me.

If I can see how the bottom of the light kit on your fan is now, I can then tell you if any of our in-stock light kits can be used for a replacement.

If you need instructions on uploading images, just click on the image below to get your picture uploaded here.

Screen Shot 2013-06-07 at 11.24.01 AM.png

Hope to hear from you soon,

Joseph

Posted 2013-09-18T20:28:48+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

1377068_539973949406681_1057477217_n.jpg

Posted 2013-09-25T02:06:51+0000  by Brs29

Hello, God bless,

I uploaded the picture of my ceiling fan with the loose wiring. I don't know where each cable belongs to. (red, orange, light yellow, and white). I think that is and end for this ceiling fan......

Posted 2013-09-25T02:10:13+0000  by Brs29

Hey again Brs29,

Thanks for uploading the image of your fan; this helps us out immensely. 

I hope that your ceiling fan has a covering that protects the fan motor (the exposed copper should not be exposed like that).

This is very dangerous if you don't have a covering; in fact I'm not quite sure exactly how the fan will actually be installed without it. 

The colors correspond to their fan speeds. Without a capacitor or fan switch on it; I can't tell you which one goes to what for the exact configuration.

What should come out of your fan is a black (fan), blue (light kit), white (neutral wire), and green for the ground.

Let me know if you have a covering for your fan. If you don't, I'd have to say that without it, its going to be very difficult to find replacement parts for it. Judging by your image you uploaded, I'm wondering exactly how you can tell that it was a Hampton Bay fan.

Joseph 

Posted 2013-09-25T12:13:07+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

1377394_540198852717524_1045751708_n.jpg

Posted 2013-09-25T16:26:31+0000  by Brs29

I uploaded the images of the rest of the wiring of the motor. One question, can any color wiring can be tight together with the cooper place of the ceiling rotor?

Posted 2013-09-25T16:29:04+0000  by Brs29

Hey again Brs29,

Sorry for not getting back sooner to you.

As I stated earlier, I really hope you have the outer cover that protects and holds the fan motor in place. It looks like you didn't from the image you uploaded.

Only when this cover is on can you get the capacitor and the fan speed switch wired safely and securely. Let me know if you have this cover first.

Joseph

Posted 2013-09-28T14:02:15+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+