Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

Unsealed hardwood floors

I recently purchased a 1932 home that has the original hardwood floors. In the living room & dining room the floors do not appear to have any type of seal or wax. In the 2 bedrooms the floors have somewhat of a shine, unknown if it is sealed or what. I was reading some of the answers written back in 2012, but, I'm really unsure as what to do. The Rejuvenate, will that just clean the floors without harming the wood? What type of wax should be used? These floors are very dirty and I just can't stand it any longer :smileysad:

I had someone come in and give me an estimate for sanding/refinishing the floors and he was surprised on how great the wood appears. Would love to do that, but, just can't afford it at this time. PLEASE HELP!!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-12-31T19:01:44+0000  by cm123 cm123

Outstanding Decision Framing!

In the DIY marketplace, the "Good, Better, Best" approach is designed to meet the specific needs and circumstances of each individual.

Your choice to use Rejuvinate will produce an easy-to-apply finish, six-months at a time.

Clean and repeat six-months from now and you'll extend your timeline again.

If the results meet your individual needs and abilities, then you've found the DIY solution best suited for your circumstances.

Thanks for joining The Community!

Come back anytime you need additional information.

Posted 2014-01-07T15:00:30+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Thank you very much for all the help.

Posted 2014-01-07T20:41:42+0000  by cm123
Cleaning the unsealed surface is very difficult but no need to worry we have many products to clean up the sealed wood floorings.  But my infected area was huge enough so decided to go for complete installation of solid hardwood floors. I think even you can consult the experts of flooring for the same and they will brief you perfectly.
Posted 2017-02-28T09:09:29+0000  by JavierHaney
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+