Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

Up-cycling old suitcases

I recently purchased a bunch of vintage suitcases that I would like to turn into tables.  I have seen lots of ideas on Pinterest but not a lot of how to information.  If I wanted to turn them into end tables, night stands, dog beds, etc., by adding legs, how would I go about doing that?  

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-07-17T20:56:00+0000  by upcyclingredo upcyclingredo

Greetings Up-cycling old suitcases!!

suitcase table.png

What great uses for old, vintage suitcases, the consignment shoppes and antique stores all over Boston are filled with great old suitcases!

I have seen them stacked upon each other as end tables, as well las coffee tables!

The Home Depot has great selection of legs for a poject such as yours!

All you need is a drill, and the leg plates, from that link....and the you can get going!!

As long the suitcase has a sturdy bottom you can make endtables, coffee table and pet beds by just adding legs!

perfect leg.png

Casters mounted onto a wooden platform, would make a great base to stack some suitcases for a moveable coffee table!

Untitled.coffee table.png

The Home Depot has everything you need to transform your vintage travel pieces into: trendy,decorative, utilitarian  pieces, that will bring trunk loads of compliments!

Have fun! I would love to see some before and after pictures, show us!       Hope this helps!  Maureen

Posted 2013-07-18T15:23:48+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+