Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

Varnish stripping

I'm trying to redo a dinning wood set and really could use some advice. I bought the citrus wood stripper, unfortunately it is very hot in Texas and it dries before it works. I even tried applying it at night in my garage and it dries quickly, even with a liberal application. I'm looking for a safe stripper that can work in high heat, any ideas? Sanding the whole project would take forever because of the complicated chair designs. I thought about buying a heat gun, but I am worried about hurting the wood or myself. Also the stripper I used ate through two different kind of gloves I had, are there any gloves that will withstand stripper?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-06-04T15:15:53+0000  by DIYJEN DIYJEN

Hello DIYJEN and welcome to the Community.

I like using the enviromentally safe product READY-STRIP.  It can be used inside where temperatures might be cooler.  Apply at Temperatures between 60 and 80 degrees F. Ready-Strip Plus is non-flammable, biodegradable, virtually odorless and can be cleaned up with water.   It does not contain methylene chloride, caustic, flammable chemicals or harmful vapors like many traditional strippers.

Ready - Strip Plus can be applied on a multitude of interior and exterior surfaces including wood, plaster, concrete, brick, stone, masonry, marble, metal and fiberglass, etc. Ready - Strip Plus will not damage plaster or wood (discolor or raise the grain) or affect any surface it is used on.   Here is a link to the INSTRUCTIONS

Thanks for the inquiry.

Charlotte
Posted 2018-06-05T19:31:56+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+