Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Venting for a Pellet Stove

I'm replacing my wood fireplace insert with a Pellet insert. The vent on the new Pellet insert is 4". Can i adapt to the existing 6" flue that is already in there? The 6" flue has been cleaned. Thank You, Mark
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-10-18T14:35:12+0000  by starfish starfish

Hello starfish and welcome to the Community.

The product specifically tested and listed for use with pellet stoves is PL vent pipe.  PL vent pipe is double wall pipe; the stainless steel inner pipe that carries the exhaust products is separated from the outer wall by an air space.

The Double-Wall Chimney Pipe Adapter conveniently enables you to use your existing chimney as part of the PelletVent system. Its double-wall, air-insulated design offers superior performance and reliability for long-term use. For added durability, PelletVent seams are factory-sealed on all elbows, tees and fittings.  Enables you to use an existing chimney as part of the PelletVent system, saving time and money.

Venting materials and products that MUST NOT BE USED TO VENT PELLET APPLIANCES include the use of single wall stove pipe (unless clearly approved by the installation manual and local codes).

Thank you for your inquiry.

Charlotte
Posted 2016-10-18T18:33:10+0000  by Char_HD_CHI
Hello starfish,

I referenced the wrong size adapter in my response to your question.  Here is the link to the correct size 4" Chimney pipe adapter.

Sorry about the misdirection.

Charlotte
Posted 2016-10-20T16:24:34+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+