Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

Vibrating floor on 3rd floor

I live in a 40 year old condo on the top floor.  We have started to have a lot of vibration in our unit.  One reason is the renter in the bedroom who has sex at all hours and causes my bed to vibrate.  I have spoken to the management company, but the tenant isn't giving in.  We share common bedroom wall.  I own my unit, he does not.

I then noticed in the last month vibration in the afternoon and evening in my living room.  Sitting on my sofa and chair you can feel it and it is annoying.  It isn't coming from neighbor that we share living room wall with, or the guy underneath me.  I don't know where it is coming from.

I need new carpet and am wondering before I purchase if there is anything I can put down that might help.  There is concrete under my present pad and carpet now. 

Please help.  I am going crazy and can't sell and move..

Thank you.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-04-22T23:26:39+0000  by Ladyluckbb Ladyluckbb

Hello Ladyluckbb, and welcome to the community!

If you currently have your furniture on carpet & carpet padding, my only other suggestion would be to add "rubber furniture pads", and make sure your furniture is not touching the walls. When the the furniture touches the walls, the floor vibration can be transmitted via the floor to wall, so isolating the furniture any way possible is the best way to minimize the noise and/or vibration. 

The only other way would be to find out exactly where the noise comes from and see if they would be willing to use the rubber furniture pads and or move the furniture away from the walls. Unfortunately, when someone is doing something that bothers others, they are either selfish & do it to shock or don't realize they are making such a ruckus. 

Hopefully the disturbance stops soon, or other tenants complain as well and force management to take action. 

Posted 2015-04-23T14:26:29+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+