Sign In to join the community | Help
Outdoors

Vigoro All Purpose Plant Food

Can I dissolve Vigoro All Purpose Plant Food (granules) in water so I can water my plants with a water can?  If I can, then what is the ratio of plant food to a gallon of water?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-06-29T08:24:35+0000  by Geo1314 Geo1314

Howdy Geo1314

As you might know, granular fertilizers are meant to be worked into the soil or sprinkled around plants. They last 1 to 9 months, depending on the type. Because they must first break down before releasing nutrients, it usually takes a watering and a few days to begin to see their results.

The only thing not water soluble in granular fertilizers is the filler. You can dissolve 1-2 tbsp. per gallon water for indoor plants, seedlings, and whenever I want to give a quick dose to plants in the garden. The need some pulverization if you want it to dissolve quickly.

I suppose the question to you would be why you would want to do all the added work? There are many great water soluble fertilizers, quick release, and organic fertilizers that have similar price points without the work. The only reason I can guess is because you already have some and want it to work for a temporary crop. In that case this above mentioned method would work just fine.

If you have more fertilizing question feel free to ask.

Happy Gardening,

Coach Dave

Posted 2015-06-29T17:46:26+0000  by Dave_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+