Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Vigoro Stella dwarf sweet cherry tree

How can I tell if the Vigoro products are non-gmo or not. No one in the store or on their customer service line seems to know the answer. I'm specifically looking at the Stella dwarf cherry tree. 
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-04-07T01:36:06+0000  by Diamondb Diamondb

Greetings Diamondb,

I have reached out to our supplier and the nursery that ship in the Vigoro fruit trees, I am waiting for a definitive answer. I will get back to you as so as I get the answer.

Thank you for your patience,  Maureen

Posted 2016-04-07T12:50:23+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS

Greetings once more Diamondb,

The answer to your question is No; No GMOs have been added to the Vigoro fruit trees!

Thanks again for your question and your patience,  Maureen 

* please take a look that this enlightening post by Ingar on GMOs

Posted 2016-04-07T12:55:09+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS
Hey Diamondb.

GMO's have the DNA taken out of an organism and have it replaced with something elses DNA. That means that corn seeds can have their DNA replaced with the DNA of a bacteria or a fish. That sounds scary but that does not happen with dwarf trees. For example, what they do to grow a dwarf pear tree is that they get a shorter growing plant from the same family (Quince in the Pyrus family), where they cut the plant and attach a pear tree branch (also in the Pyrus family) the same size to it and they wrap it up. When done right, the cambium layers line up and the branch grabs hold and buds out 3 to 4 weeks later. Grafting trees just has the new tree adopt characteristics of both plants just as kids do their parents.

Home Depot does not carry any GMO seeds, trees or plants.

Posted 2016-04-07T17:58:19+0000  by Ingar_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+