Sign In to join the community | Help
Lumber & Composites

Wall anchor for Composite Panels in Mobile Home

I would like to hang Levolor's faux wood blinds on composite wall panels in a mobile home.  It appears this can be done by using more installation brackets to distribute the weight.

I am looking for the correct wall anchor.  

Please advise.  

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-07-25T20:17:24+0000  by glennk.ax1003 glennk.ax1003

Hello glennk.ax1003,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

As long as the brackets that come with your Levelor faux wood blinds come with their own brackets, this should be sufficient enough for securing it successfully to the wall.

The key is the fastener, or the screws used to install them into the composite panels. If you bought your Levelor blinds from Lowe's, I'm not sure if they come with conical anchor kits, which is what you'd need for your brackets.

Make sure whatever hollow wall anchors you use has conical anchors (shown below), so you can get the blind secured firmly and safely to the wall.
Hollow Wall Anchors

The key is making sure the weight rating on the screws listed on the packaging of the screws you'd want to purchase. Anything over 15 lbs. will be fine for your application.

Just make sure the anchors you use have a weight rating heavier than your blinds. Make sure you have a good working power drill and tape measure to make sure the install goes successfully.

Let me know if you have any further questions,
Joseph
Posted 2014-05-10T18:54:29+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+