Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

Wallpaper mess please help!

Hi everyone, I need some serious help. I bought this house a few years ago and a few weeks ago I decided to start to repaint the house. I ran into a major issue the previous home owners put wallpaper right on the drywall. They didn’t bother to prime the wall at all. It’s like they put layers of wallpaper on the wall to get this texture effect on the wall and now it’s been 2 weeks and I’m still having a hard time getting it off. I have tried a steamer, soaking the walls with special chemicals, fabric softener, even did the scoring thing. Any ideas on how to fix this mess would be greatly appreciated!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-01-06T17:03:37+0000  by Nbifulco29 Nbifulco29

Posted 2018-01-06T17:04:27+0000  by Nbifulco29

Hey Nbilfulco29,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

The pics you uploaded makes it much easier to see what you are encountering. 

Have you done physical scraping after using liquid removers? If you did, keep continuing to try to remove as much loose wallpaper as possible. 

Once this is done, you can opt for using paint texture or for smaller areas, spackling, in order for the walls to be level and uniform. Of course, make sure this time the walls are properly primed with a shellac or oil-based primer in order for it to be properly sealed for whatever top coat goes over it.

Let us know if you have any further questions,
Joseph

Posted 2018-01-08T15:44:48+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+