Sign In to join the community | Help
Kitchen

Want to Thank everyone for all the help and advice

3 months ago I decided to take on a kitchen reno by myself.  I stripped, sanded and stained my kitchen cabinets. The hardest part was sanding the cabinets while they were still on the wall.  I also had difficulty with the staining because the wood grains were somewhat  different.  It was a learning experience.  The end result was well worth it. I am very pleased with the outcome.  I was truly stressed trying to make my vision come to life but this kitchen designed itself. I just did the work. The cabinet doors were the hardest to stain. But with the help and advice of people in the forums I love what I have done, even though I had to start over from the beginning with sanding and staining the doors. Here is the before and after. Once again thank You!!!!!  :)

Photo241.jpg

20120903_100146.jpg20120903_100313.jpg

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-09-11T18:35:52+0000  by Br0klyn Br0klyn

WOW Br0klyn!!!

No ... I really mean WOW!!!

I can't believe your kitchen!

Visually, the whole kitchen comes together. The first things that jump out at me are:

1) The floors look so much more like they belong;

2) The ceiling fans provide extra light as well as comfort;

3) The counter tops are a gorgeous focal point as you move into the food prep area;

4) The serving island w/ matching bar stools is soo inviting; and

5) My eye keeps going back to the floor ... so much more beautiful with the new cabinet colors!

You have proven once again, the value of DIY is much more than simply the savings.

You've taken an average space and made it a showplace.

Have fun entertaining or just sipping your morning coffee!

Thanks for sharing this great renovation with The Community!

Posted 2012-09-11T20:45:12+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+