Sign In to join the community | Help
Building Materials

Warehouse Dock Door Screens

Good Morning Everyone,

I am trying to figure out a way to put a retractable screen on my warehouse dock doors. I was thinking some sort of a bar where mesh can be glued to. With this put possibly some sort of a gear or pulley system at either end and have a hand crank option to roll it up or don't. Maybe not even a hand crank but a pulley system like you would have for indoor blinds.

I am a little bit stuck on how I should execute this and what would be the best items to purchase at Home Depot to use.

Any ideas of how to go about this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-06-17T12:55:00+0000  by Rmiller50 Rmiller50

My initial though was that it might be difficult to build something durable enough to stand up in a commercial environment.   I can't help but wonder if this is one of those situations where buying something might be a better idea than making it yourself.  If you do want to make something, I think this design looks fairly easy to make but you probably would have to do some sewing to secure the reinforce the edges of the fabric and provide a means to attach it the frame.  I'm thinking it could be hung from conventional drape/curtain hardware.

Another option might be something like this, a single large panel:

The frame could be constructed from PVC pipe, which would keep the weight and cost down.  Plus, PVC is pretty easy to work with.  The only drawback is that you would need a place to store it when the dock was in operation.

Hope this helps!

Posted 2015-06-18T11:11:18+0000  by Adam444

Hello RMiller50, and welcome to the Community!

I did some searching, and found that the Home Depot does not have exactly what you are looking for but I did find a company that does make it for either residential or industrial, the company is called Screen America. 

You can follow the link above and contact them for more details. 

Posted 2015-06-19T13:52:50+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+