Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Wet grass

I always have puddles of water after it rains how can I fix this problem and also what can I do to keep my chairs from sinking down into the grass?  I'm renting so I don't wont to do anything expensive. 
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-05-22T23:24:56+0000  by A2Z A2Z

Hi A2Z.

Thank you for your question.

When you have puddles on your lawn after it rains, it is a sign that your soil is not draining properly.  If you have a clay soil, this could cause the water to puddle and not drain.  The chairs may be sinking due to an over saturated soil.  This could be caused by your draining issue or an underground water source.  Soil that drains poorly will retain water at the surface area, causing it to be soggy like a bog.

One quick fix you can try is to aerate the area where you are having puddles. Using a Garden Fork/Tilling Fork/Spading Fork will help do the job.

You can also try adding some sand to the area when you use the Spading Fork.  When the sand goes into the holes made by the Spading Fork, it will help drain your soil.

One easy and inexpensive fix for your patio/lawn chairs that are sinking into the lawn is to use a 1 x 2 or 1 x 3 board under the legs of the chairs.  You can use the tube straps to hold the chair to the wood.  This will spread out the weight and help to prevent the legs from sinking into the ground.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Rick_HD_OC

Posted 2016-05-24T18:57:42+0000  by Rick_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+