Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

What are these bugs on my plants?

What are these things eating up my plants and what can I do to stop them?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-06-06T17:13:16+0000  by Pat2465 Pat2465

Miracle-Gro Shake 'n Feed 8 lbs. Tree and Shrub Plant Food

Greetings Pat2465,

Your plant has a “gall”. Gall is a deformity or abnormality, found on the leaf surface, branches or bark on trees and shrubs. Gall is a result of an earlier problem that the plant suffered, whether it be an insect, viral or bacterial gall is the after effect.

Once a gall is visible the problem has already happened, the deformed leaves are not harmful to the plant itself, it just looks so odd and distressed.

Some plants will suffer gall for several years, the best defense against gall is to promote a plants good health. Make sure to do a thorough clean up at seasons end, and feed you trees and bushes will an fertilizer to make the plant stronger and more resistant to disease and insects.

If you happen to prune your trees and bushes, give your tool blades a disinfecting wipe with rubbing alcohol.

Gall is unsightly but not harmful to a plant, gall can weaken a plant after many years and cause early leaf drop, which is not good for any plant, but most times the plant will fend off the problem itself.

Help your plants regain the health and strength it needs by a good early season feeding and a good late season clean-up.

Maureen

Posted 2018-06-07T18:02:56+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+