Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

What color of wood floor would you pair with Red Mahogany cabinets and trim? Im stumped.

I can't figure out what would look best with my red mahogany wood work and cabinets.  Any suggestions?  Lighter or darker? 

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-31T21:24:49+0000  by nwood nwood

Hey nwood,

Thanks for joining us here on the community!

Since there are so many versions of red mahongany out on the market today, I assume it would look like what is below...

Deluxe Solid Wood 8 in. Depth Red Mahogany Drawer

It really is up to you whether or not you want the wood floors to be lighter or darker....there really isn't a right or wrong answer.

You do need to factor in a few other considerations as well. For starters, the total square footage of the floor as well as paint colors on the walls in the kitchen.

I personally like lighter colored flooring in small square footage since darker colors seem constricting and don't really open the space up to your eye.

Darker colors are great for rooms with lots of lighting, and light colored walls to compliment it. However, dark colors aren't good for small rooms, as stated above.

Also ask yourself if you want the cabinets to be the focal point of the room (they typically are alongside the countertops), then opt for a lighter color. This could be anything from a bleached pine look to a light oak color.

Since I don't know your tastes, or even your room (unless you upload pictures of it), I can't make a choice for whether or not you need to go lighter or darker without more information.

Refer to the information above so you can make a better decision regarding your flooring.

And as always, let us know if you have any further questions.

Joseph

Posted 2014-02-01T15:08:54+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+