Sign In to join the community | Help

What is that shower bump out called and where do I find one?

Hello everyone,

I have a tiled shower and the water wall has a plastic bump out that the faucet, spout and shower head all are connected into. It is on top of the tile and is old and brittle. I need to replace it. 

I can't seem to find anything like it and feel I am probably not able to name it correctly.

Again, it goes over the tile. It is bumped out to accept the plumbing and any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks, John
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-03-28T01:25:34+0000  by JohnC44857 JohnC44857
I'm not sure what you mean.  Could you post a couple of pictures of your shower stall?
Posted 2015-03-30T00:45:25+0000  by Adam444
Hey JohnC44857!

A shower escutcheon is simply a beauty ring or plate that covers the opening in your tile where the valve and shower head exit the wall.

The link above provides several examples.

Take a photo to your local Kitchen and Bath Associate.

Take an extra moment to identify the shower brand; it will be much easy to order a replacement piece.

If this is not what you seek, take adam's advice and publish a photo so we can assist you.
Posted 2015-03-31T17:22:18+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question