Sign In to join the community | Help
Plumbing

Answered

What is the Official policy on pipe threading at Hope Depot?

What is the Official policy on pipe threading at Hope Depot?  I wanted to buy a 1 in. x 10 ft. Black Steel Pipe for $20.25 and wanted it to be two 5 ft. sections of threaded pipe.  They said they can do it, but now they wanted me to pay for two 5 ft. sections by the foot @ almost double the price.  I was hoping that Home Depot would have a official policy on this. At Lowes they offer FREE pipe cutting / threading service when you buy pipe from them. It is clearly mentioned in their web site. I had to drive to Lowes and get all my pipes threaded because Home Depot would not do it for free or at a reasonable price.

What is the Official policy on pipe threading at Hope Depot?  Can Hope depot match what Lowes offer?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-04-19T13:09:12+0000  by NSILVA NSILVA

I don't work for Home Depot but my experience as a customer has been that a "cut" pipe is priced at the "uncut" price.  Essentially you're getting the cutting and treading for "free."  Maybe different stores have different policies or the employee just didn't understand the policy. 

As a consumer, I generally don't complain but instead vote my with feet.  If another stores gives me a better price or better service, I'll shop there.  Sometimes I'll pay more for better service or to support a local business.  We have a local tool store whose prices are full retail (MSRP) but they have a selection like no other store around.  So I'll pay more there so that I have that selection when I need it.

Best Answer

Posted 2016-04-21T22:10:26+0000  by Adam444

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+