Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

What is the best paint to use on brick....I am in Canada.

I want to paint my drab fireplace from brown to a grayish neutral colour.  I live in Nova Scoiia so I need to use paint that is available here.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-04-04T16:41:47+0000  by LadyGriffon LadyGriffon

Welcome to our community Janet! 

Thank you so much for reaching out to us from Canada! :-) 

The best thing to use for painting your brick is a paint specifically for brick. Behr Masonry, Brick and Stucco paint should work well for your project. According to homedepot.ca , there are 3 stores in Nova Scotia, and all three of them carry this product. 

This paint can be tinted at your local Home Depot store to a neutral color. Click here to see all of the colors available. If you would like to see more information on this product, click here for the Behr Canada site

If you have any more questions, please let us know!

Christine 

Posted 2015-04-06T11:33:08+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Interior brickwork, such as a fireplace, is actually a very stabile substrate and conventional Behr Premium Plus or Ultra will work fine on it. Obviously, an interior fireplace will not be subject to the elements, as would exterior brickwork. Nor would it be expected the alkaline leeching would occur. You might, however, want to prime the area with a dedicated primer such as Kilz Premium, even though both the Behr paints are self-priming. Where problems could occur, I like to defer to a dedicated primer and give it 24 hours to reach its maximum sealing ability.
Posted 2015-04-08T06:23:17+0000  by ordjen

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+