Sign In to join the community | Help
Building Materials

What sealant for T-111 siding on masonry wall

Looking for a sealant/caulk to seal gaps where T-111 wood siding contacts masonry block wall.  This is in AZ so must endure extreme heat. 


Any suggestions? thank you_MG_7883-001.JPG

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-22T17:28:06+0000  by nealyak nealyak

Absolutely nealyak!


PL S10 Concrete Crack and Masonry Sealant would be one solution.


According to the manufacturer the sealant:

"is a premium quality, commercial grade sealant developed especially for forming permanent, water and weatherproof seals in all exterior gaps and joints. Recommended for repairing cracks in vertical and horizontal surfaces such as concrete walls, foundations and brick and block walls as well as Bonding to concrete, brick, stucco, metal, wood, vinyl, fiberglass and many more substrates.

  • Permanently flexible bond, excellent for expansion joints
  • Weatherproof, withstands harsh environments
  • Does not deteriorate, one time application
  • Paintable"


Another option would be PL S40 Window, Door, and Siding Sealant.


According to the manufacturer, the sealant:

"is UV and ozone resistant, and does not soften in the sun. It is also CARB (California Air Resources Board) compliant.

  • Polyurethane formula is durable and weatherproof to withstand harsh exterior environments
  • Paintable to blend with surrounding surfaces for a professional finish
  • One-time application, heat and UV exposure will not deteriorate sealant over time
  • Permanently flexible, excellent for use on expansion joints
  • Low VOC formula complies with Federal and State regulations Nationwide"


Either will provide the type seal you seek.


And both require seven-days cure time before painting.



Solvent-based sealants, like these, tend to remain flexible much longer than water-based sealants.


They do, however, require an oil-based primer before painting with water-based paint.

Posted 2013-08-22T18:58:06+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question