Sign In to join the community | Help
Building Materials

What size bolt is needed to attach 4x4x12 post to 2x6x14 beam on a 14x14 pole barn using brackets on beams to attach the roof 2x6x14 supports to horizontal beams?

Please advise.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-04-07T15:25:11+0000  by Overdue Overdue

Hi Overdue,

The ideal connector for your support post-to-beam joint is a Simpson Strong Tie Column Cap.

This 7-gauge metal connector adds twist and yaw resistance and superior strength at the joint.

Diamond holes make temporary fastening easy, then use the correct length 5/8th machine bolt to permanently attach the post to the beam.

I like Simpson Strong-Drive Screws for temporary fastening.

Although they are labeled "temporary," they will not create rust marks on your frame and will last the lifetime of your structure.

Click the link for a .pdf file that charts the bolt size needed based on beam width.

I use Simpson Strong Ties on every project that requires superior support.

In one historical example, the strength of these ties prevented an occupied deck from collapsing when the ledger board broke free from the building.

I strongly recommend them!

Hope this helps!

Pat InPaint

Posted 2016-04-07T15:49:26+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL
Wow! This is too good information to learn how to remove any program and if you have any issue unable to uninstall program windows 10  then get support through this, this online tutorial is free and Online for everyone.
Posted 2018-10-13T09:15:38+0000  by ashwin

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+