Sign In to join the community | Help
Building Materials

What type of concrete do I use to cover the cinderblock wall on my house

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-04-23T11:57:14+0000  by trout trout

Hello trout and thank you for joining our How-to Community.


To cover (plaster) over the cinder block wall you can use this product:

mason mix.jpg


Mason mix is normally used to lay concrete brick and block - because of this it is formulated to bond well to concrete.

I would apply  mix about 1/2 “thick onto to the wall using the 12" finishing trowel. You want to knock off all the high ridges before mix has fully dried on the surface of the block. You can do that by going over the plastered surface with a piece of stryfoam or with a wood float. If the mix starts to crumble during this process mist it lightly with water.


You can also, for the best results, treat the surface with concrete bonding primer prior to application of mortar.


Hope this helps and good luck with you project.




Posted 2013-04-23T13:43:29+0000  by George_HD_CHI
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question