Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

What type of screw driver will work on the screw in this picture?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-04-20T02:05:34+0000  by jamjam11 jamjam11

Hi JamJam11, the head on this is a hex head. There are screws that have hex heads and you can use a hex driver bit, Then there are bolts with a hex head and the bigger ones, you use a socket to install or remove. 

You need to measure from one flat surface side of the hex head to the other flat surface side to get the diameter of the hex head. Then you will know what size socket or Drive bit you need. Measure the hex head and go into you local Home Depot tool department and have an associate show what you need.

Posted 2015-04-20T16:48:49+0000  by Ken_HD_OC

What you will need is either a nut driver as shown below, or a socket and ratchet like those used by mechanics.

A set of these nut drivers are inexpensive, and it looks like based on the ruler shown in your picture that the screw head is about 3/8" in size.  It is also possible that the screw is metric, and there is a nut driver set that looks just like these in metric sizes as well.



Posted 2015-04-21T18:54:58+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question