Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

What type of screws/fasteners do i need to attach plywood slats to drywall?


The slats will be used to hold up plastic plant containers I am using to create a greenwall.

I was told that I should use "8mm x 80mm screw and fixings" - which SKU(s) are those in Home Depot?


Are they referring to this?


I want a screw that has a flat head, not hooked like the above. Please help - thanks!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-11-26T22:02:18+0000  by Suze Suze

Hello Suze welcome to the Community.


The sku for the particular fastener you indicated is not available in my areas store so the search on Home Depot .com does not give a store sku, only an online sku.  With that in mind if I wanted to order those fasteners I could have them shipped to my local store with NO SHIPPING CHARGE.  Since you do not want that type of fastener, I am including a link to the anchor screw page on which will give you many options. Considerations will be length, weight capabilities and head shape.  When you find an anchor you think will suit your purposes you can find the instore sku and specification by clicking on the picture of that product, and then choose Full Product Details.


With your particular product in mind, I would suggest in addition to anchors, using an adhesive like OSI drywall adhesive, which is sold by the case or individually.


If you need more direction please send me a note and I would be happy to respond.




I am a Home Depot Associate trained and authorized to help people on the internet.

Posted 2013-12-03T18:22:58+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Thank you, Charlotte!  I will check out the anchor screws.

Much appreciated.

Posted 2013-12-04T15:12:26+0000  by Suze
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question