Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Where can I rent a floor buffer and diamondbrush attachement that is depicted on your website? My local store does not have it.

Your web site shows a video with someone removing paint from a cement floor using a rented floor buffer and diamondbrush attachment.  My local store doesn't rent tools.  I am in Paso Robles California.   Which store do I have to go to to rent this tool?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-08-22T21:10:08+0000  by nealnorlack nealnorlack

I can't help with rentals in your area but you could try calling your local Home Depot or using the store locator function on Home Depot's website.  You may also have national and "mom and pop" rental stores in your area (use your favorite search engine).

I did want to remind you that old paint can contain lead and you want to test for that before making a bunch of dust.  Lead test kits are available at Home Depot for about $10.

Posted 2015-08-23T09:46:25+0000  by Adam444
Hi nealnorlack,
I contacted the next nearest store:

1551 Froom Ranch RdSan Luis ObispoCA 93405 View On Map
Phone: (805)596-0857
Mon-Sat: 6:00am - 10:00pm, Sun: 7:00am - 9:00pm

Unfortunately, the Service Desk informed me that The Home Depot doesn't rent tools in your area.

She recommended United Rental.

The tool you seek is called: Diamond Blade Etcher.

It has several different paddle boards which are similar to different grits on sandpaper.

Just like a hardwood floor sander, you need to keep this tool moving to prevent digging a deeper spot on your floor.

If you try the finishing blade (similar to finishing sandpaper), you'll run less risk of digging into the floor.

You can also add weight to the top of the etcher to improve the cut if the paddle you select is too fine.

NOTE:
Consider taping the baseboard to prevent scuff marks on the wall.
Posted 2015-08-25T20:19:23+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL
Hey nealnorlack,

Since you originally asked your question, we produced this How To Video.

Click the link to see the tool and the cutting wheels ... one for removing adhesives and the other for cutting a thin layer of cement.

Watch Our How-To Video

Posted 2015-09-29T19:45:27+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+