Sign In to join the community | Help
Building Materials

Which Siding is Right for Me?

Siding Installation.jpg

We Take the Guesswork Out of Choosing a Siding Solution 

Our siding professionals will come to your home and help you decide which siding is best for you. Some of the questions we'll help you answer:

• Which type of siding will work best for me?
  • Which color will work best with my home's décor and landscaping?
  • Which siding styles and options will give me the finished look I want?

From premium quality vinyl siding to James Hardie fiber-cement siding,* The Home Depot offers several options in siding solutions** that will provide years of beauty and stress-free maintenance for your home.

Our premium vinyl siding features:

• Thicker panels that allow for a deeply embossed wood-grain texture
  • 100% pure vinyl for superior strength and durability year after year
  • Low-gloss finish that always looks like freshly painted wood
  • A choice of distinctive Clapboard or Dutchlap profiles with wide panel projections to add architectural dimension to your home's exterior
  • Virtually maintenance-free finish with no scraping, painting, patching or replacing rotted wood, saving you time and money
  • Enhanced locking system that ensures your siding panels lie flat and stay straight for a more secure installation
  • Heavy-duty panels that resist dents and dings and that won't warp, buckle or crack from extreme weather
  • Darker colors specially formulated with a revolutionary fade-resistant technology, allowing the siding to retain its color over time
  • A double lifetime product warranty*** and lifetime fade protection**** that allow you to transfer your protection to your home's next owner.

Count on James Hardie siding for:

• Natural wood texture - the beauty and character of a real wood look, even up close
  • Variety - available in lap siding, planks, vertical-patterned panels, shingles and more
  • Superior durability - because James Hardie siding is made of 90% cement and 10% cellulose fiber, it resists weather, fire and pests.
  • Superior warranties - most products are backed with a 50-year limited transferable warranty

The Finishing Touch 

FinishingTouch.jpg

We'll help you complete your new exterior with a full range of premium options and accessories, including:

• Premium soffit material
  • Fascia board covered with aluminum trim coil
  • Attractive gable vents
  • Stylish shutters
  • Custom-wrapped window and door frames
  • Shakes and round patterns that add striking architectural touches
  • Gutters and downspouts
  • Beaded porch panel

*Installation of James Hardie fiber-cement siding is currently available in select areas only.
**Not all vinyl siding styles, options and accessories are available in all parts of the country. Call 1-877-941-8775 or ask an associate at The Home Depot store near you which vinyl siding option is available in your area.
***See actual warranties for details.
****Not available on all products.

Chris.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-07-16T12:34:48+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI Chris_HD_CHI

I live in a mobile home, and I'm trying to change a small section of the siding in my house but I'm not sure which one, the entire siding is in ver tile direction
Posted 2013-11-21T09:59:51+0000  by CI

Hello tipotts.  Welcome to the Community!

Gray siding should not be a problem to find.

James Hardie siding is available in gray in all markets, and while the brand of vinyl siding varies by area, gray is a very common color.

You can either have it installed by calling 1-877-941-8775 or stop by your local Home Depot store.

Siding can be special ordered at the store for DIY customers as well as contractors.  See a Pro Desk associate at the store for more information.

Chris.

Posted 2013-11-08T13:59:51+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

IM trying to find grey siding, can you help?

Posted 2013-11-08T01:55:02+0000  by tjpotts

Hello 12les.  Welcome to the Community!

The colors for James Hardie Siding products actually vary by region.

Please see this website for more information, which includes specific choices depending upon where you live.

http://www.jameshardie.com/homeowner/colorplus-palette.shtml 

Chris.

Posted 2013-08-20T13:34:22+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI
what colors does the hardie siding come in?
Posted 2013-08-18T19:35:36+0000  by 12les

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+