Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Which compressor do I need for the: Campbell Hausfeld 62 Piece AIR TOOL KIT?

Which compressor do I need for the: Campbell Hausfeld  62 Piece AIR TOOL KIT?

Model
Model Number:TL1069
Manufacturer:Campbell Hausfeld
Tool's Consumption:6.1 CFM @ 90 PSI
Product Weight:17 lbs
Warranty:1 Year

Tools Included:
250 ft. lbs. 1/2" impact wrench
50 ft. lbs. 3/8" ratchet
1-5/8" stroke air hammer
Blow gun, air tool oil, and high impact molded case

Included Accessories:
Hammer retainer spring
3/8" socket-screw bit adapter
1/4" swivel adapter
1/4" NPT(F) coupler
Five 1/4" I/M plugs 1/4" NPT(M)
1/4" NPT (M) and 1/4" NPT (F) hose coupler
1/4" NPT (M) and 1/4" NPT (F) hose coupler
6 blow gun accessories, 3 chisels, 20 screwdriver bits
1/4" NPT tire check, 4mm allen wrench
Pencil tire gauge and sealant tape

Sockets Included:
1/2", 9/16", 5/8", 3/4", 13/16", 12, 13, 15, 16, 17mm
17mm, 3" extension bar, 3/8" (F)-1/2" (M) socket adapter

QUESTION IS AS FOLLOWS:
What Size and Specification of Compressor do I need?  On the Product, it lists several different RANGES of "Gallon" Sizes, but doesn't say what PSI, or what's the Optimal range.
All it indicates on the packaging is that I have to be Seven Gallons or above, and I guess MAX 80 Gallons?
But I know that Compressors are rated using much more than Just their Volume.  They have "Flow" and "Pressure"  and there are a bunch of different standardized rating systems: ICFM, FAD, ANR, SCFM or nl/min.
Now, the Home Depot Suggests Compressors based off a SCFM @ PSI, specification suggestion model.  Which one should I use without being excessive?
I read that the minimum spec. is 5 HP 13 Gal.  But I want to know what's Optimal, without breaking the bank?
Thanks!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-04-02T07:56:18+0000  by AARONDINKIN AARONDINKIN

Hi AARONDINKIN,

Welcome to the community!

I went into the huddle with our pneumatic tools expert TheHammer and we decided to give you a few pointers for getting you the right compressor for your Campbell Hausfeld Air Tool set.

To break down your answer, I will attempt to answer it in the way you posted it.

What Size and Specification of Compressor do I need?  On the Product, it lists several different RANGES of "Gallon" Sizes, but doesn't say what PSI, or what's the Optimal range.

The size and specs of a compressor is the best thing to check for when deciding to purchase a new air compressor. One of the best ways to compare units is the way you stated already, and the way that Home Depot rates ours, by way of SCFM.  

Considering all of the tools you have stated above, it sounds like to us that you'll need at minimum a 5.5-6 SCFM compressor to get good power out of your tools. Now going higher will be great without 'breaking the bank' as you say, however the only time you'll need something a bit higher than a 6 SCFM is for the tools that require extra air to do their jobs effectively and efficiently, such as grinders and cut-off wheels. Another time you'll need something higher than a 6 SCFM is also if you are using a paint sprayer, as getting a higher SCFM is crucial for having consistency from a tool that needs proper air recovery to make up for the air that is being spent in the tool.

For most of your tools that are in your kit, namely the impact wrench, you can easily get the power and durability with  a 5.5-6 SCFM that won't break the bank! While The Home Depot sells a lot of compressors online and in the store, I have included a pic below of a unit that will do the job of getting the right air out and keeping money in your wallet...

compressor.JPG

Please let us know if you have any further questions and we will be happy to assist,

Joseph 

Posted 2011-04-02T17:14:34+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+