Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

WiFi Ceiling Fan?

How can I use Wink with my bedroom ceiling fan? Are there fans under $200 that have it built in? Or is there a module I need to buy to be able to control the lights and fan? I tried a Lutron switch but, it didn't work.... Looking for answers.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-12-23T15:32:59+0000  by solracem solracem

Hey solracem.

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

To my knowledge, The Home Depot has no in-stock ceiling fans that have wifi capability in any platform.

However, we do sell (it's over your $200 budget though) a fan through Hunter called the Signal that is compatible with the Apple HomeKit. It's shown below and if you'd like to read more about it, please click here to view it's product page.

Hunter Signal-Wifi Enabled Apple HomeKit compatible Indoor 54 in. Satin Nickle Ceiling Fan

You bring up a very good question with having ceiling fans controlled by your smart device. At this time, it's one of those lines of lighting that can be turned off and on, but only if the fan is wired together via a Wink compatible wall device like the ones by Lutron.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen anything 'built-in' to a new fan save for the version by Hunter shown above. Be aware that if the motor and lights are wired together, you can only control them via turning them on and off and CANNOT dim the lights (since you can't dim a motor).

While another option would be to wire the light and motor of the ceiling fan separately to dim the light kit, the motor would only go on and off. In short, there are some options out there.

Let us know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2016-12-24T18:12:35+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+