Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Window Screens

I just purchased a house and well the windows didnt come with any screens. I was wondering if home depot did any installs on this. Like come out to the home and measure then come back and install. If not does anyone know of any places that could do this. I live near puyallup, Wa. I contacted one company and well it seems we were out of there area of service. Any assistance in this would be greatly appreciated as im tired of bugs getting in my house due to not having screens installed.

Thanks

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-08-14T06:43:57+0000  by daphill daphill

Hi Daphil, I can honestly say that I feel your pain. I am from Graham and just recently went through the same issue with some older wood windows. I didnt find anyone nearby that could measure and install. Thankfully the measuring and installing is the easy part.

Since your windows were prexisting, I assume that you dont know the manufacturer. Could you tell us about the windows? Are they made out of wood, vinyl, or aluminum? What style of windows are they? (slider, casement, doublehung...) And remember pictures help too.

-Nick
Posted 2012-08-14T14:14:35+0000  by NicoJ

Hello daphill, and welcome to the community!

At The Home Depot we carry the materials you need to make your own screen, and it's very easy to make almost any size, and any brand of window.  Check out this great post from GotoGregg http://community.homedepot.com/t5/Build-Remodel/How-to-build-new-window-screens/td-p/20645 and soon you'll be feeling a breeze without the mosquito's.

Posted 2012-08-16T20:48:03+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+