Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Window pane repair

We have just brought a house that has two single hung aluminium double pane windows. They have decorative window pane strips between the glass that have peeled away and look terrible. We have no idea how to get to it to remove and would welcome any suggestions, please!!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-11-24T03:42:31+0000  by dreamrider212 dreamrider212

Hello dreamrider212, and welcome to the community!


I work for the Home Depot in the Chicago area, in the Door & Window department.  My suggestion would be to try to find out who makes your window. 


First, is there a etching in the corner of the window, this will tell you who made the window, and it will give the manufacture specifics to remake the window. 


Andersen window etching.gif

If there are no etchings, then there might be a label in a few locations, either on the side of the sash or in the header, see photo below. 

simonton window label.jpg

Once you have determined who makes the window you then go online to search for the company, contact their customer service for assistance. 


If you cannot find any information on the manufacture, then you will need to call in a handyman to see if they recognize the window. Sometime experienced handymen will see many styles of window, and might have a solution. If you call in a window company for advice, they will only suggest replacing the entire window.  

Posted 2012-12-05T15:19:15+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question