Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Wood & Tile Dining Table Repair

I have a wooden ding table with tile on top.  One of the legs is stripped and wont screw in.  Also, some of the tile are cracked and seal is loose from the wooden edge.  I know its probably something simple but can anyone give me advice on how to fix it?  It's a great table and is perfect with three kids in the house.  I don't want to throw it out.

Clueless but willing,

Handygirl01

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-05-26T02:28:11+0000  by Handygirl01 Handygirl01

To fix the leg  get a wood dowel the size of the hole. Put some wood glue in the hole then put the wood dowel in the hole. You might have to tap it into the hole with a hammer. Cut the dowel off flush with the leg after the glue dries. You will be able to screw the leg back on and it will be good as new. Sorry not really sure how to fix the tile and edge with out seeing it

Posted 2011-05-26T09:21:02+0000  by doit

Hey Handygirl01,

Thank you for stopping by the community for your question, welcome!

Doit has already given you the great advice on getting your leg on the table fixed. I want to talk to you about fixing the cracked tile and loose seal. 

Starting with the cracked tile, as long as it is not moving/wiggling/loose, you can go over it with an item called Porc-A-Fix. It brushes on the applicator provided and dries hard in 1 hour. It comes in bone or white at our store, so if that is the color on your table top, that would be the way to go. It will make the crack get filled and looking good again, and best of all, its not that expensive. Below is a picture of this product.

porc-a-fix.JPG

When you say your seal is loose on the wooden edge of the table...are you talking about the edge that has a thin wooden strip coming off? If you are...I would consider using a clear adhesive that is strong and durable, but is inexpensive and easy to use. That product is Liquid Nails Clear Small Projects Adhesive. It's one of about only 1 or 2 glues that we sell that I personally use all the time. It works great on all kinds of surfaces. Use a vise or grip or even something heavy so you ensure the bond will hold.

liquid nails clear projects adhesive.JPG

Let us know if you have any further questions or comments regarding fixing your dining room table.

Hope this helps you out,

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2011-05-28T18:26:40+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+