Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Wooden Paneling

We bought a house that had wooden paneling in the living room that I hate!  They nailed and glued down the paneling, so in order to get rid of it, I would have to most likely dry wall it again.  For cost saving purposes are there ways to make the wood paneling look more attractive or look more sophisticated?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-12-17T02:17:18+0000  by emilyfulkerson1 emilyfulkerson1

Hi there emilyfulkerson1,

I’m Jen, from The Home Depot. 

I had the same problem, years ago.  My first house had wood paneling in the living room and I kept toying with the idea of painting it or covering it.  This went on for years.  Then one day, I decided to go for it and just paint right over it.  I thought…if it didn’t look good, then I can always tear the paneling down.  Well…after I painted it, it looked fabulous!  I could not believe that I waited so long to use something as simple as paint.  It was so cost effective and it did not take a lot of time to do.  I then had a bright off white room that we continued to use for many more years.  We even sold the house with the painted paneling and the new owner had no complaints. 

Check out this link I found with a before and after photo.  It reminded me of my first house.

Give it a try!  It’s a lot easier that sheet rock and painting is cost effective too!

Posted 2013-12-17T18:36:30+0000  by Jen_HD_BOS

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+