Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

Wooden wine box shelving

I am repurposing wooden wine crates and using them for storage. The shallow ones I am wanting to mount on the wall. I don’t think they weigh any more than 12-15lbs. What is the best way to go about mounting them? Brackets? Or D ring and hook? They are not going to hold anything of significant weight. Also, and I’m sure this is something I should go a head and start collecting, being recently single, I got used to a power drill. Will I need that for this project or can I put it off a little longer?

The larger and deeper ones I want to make into shelving (floor), but I haven’t even thought that one through yet.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-07-20T07:34:13+0000  by Jen07 Jen07

Hey Jen07,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

Hanging your wooden wine boxes can be approached many ways, ones that even you asked about like brackets and hooks. 

One of the cleanest and best looking ways to hang anything on a wall is cleat hangers. It's the same way galleries and folks hang artwork so as to easily do it and with the least amount of damage done to the wall. 

Shown below and linked here is one version that can be done by yourself. And using a power drill is MUCH simpler and easier than doing it via a handheld screwdriver. 

This system allows you to put on the crates and slightly adjust them even after hanging. Using this type of hangar alongside a good drill will cut your time in half, and give you piece of mind know you can place things in the crate without the fear of it falling. 

Just make sure you are screwing into studs if possible, this allows for the best amount of staying power for the crates.

Let us know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2018-07-23T17:54:21+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+