Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Woodworking project for my 5 years old boy

My sons' 5 years old birthday is coming. He is very interested in woodworking and hammering nails all over my house.

Is there any interesting project or kit for boys?

I just want to use his energy constructively if possible.  :smileyhappy: 

Eddie

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-03-09T02:51:49+0000  by eddieclo eddieclo

Hey Eddie,

That sounds like a great way to direct his energy. Kids love to hit stuff with hammers. I still really enjoy just hammering a nail through something. When I was younger my Dad use to get all sorts of scrap wood together for me and we just build whatever. I liked to build a lot of boats and planes for my action figures to drive around in, but besides scrap wood there are a lot of different kits you can get to work on with your son. CLICK HERE to see some.

The first Saturday of every month The Home Depot has a free ‘Kids Workshop.’ Each month has a different project that requires gluing and hammering together. Your son will also walk away with his very own orange Home Depot apron.  Check with your local store and CLICK HERE to find out more.

If anyone has anymore fun ideas on small projects for kids please share them. I am very interested in hearing some cool new projects to work on with my son as well.

Posted 2011-03-09T16:23:30+0000  by gotogregg

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+