Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Would like a recommendation for off-white trim color

I would like a recommendation for an off-white (not too white) Behr paint color for trim to go with creamy pale yellow walls in my kitchen, DR and LR
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-05-14T16:55:27+0000  by DianeHH DianeHH

I personally do not like Behr's Ultra Pure White straight out of the can for woodwork trim. I find it too stark and austere. The one place where UPW is desireable, is next to very pure, pastel colors. Here, whites that have been grayed up for the sake of increasing the covering ability of the paint, look absolutely gray next to the pastel colors.

I do like Behr's "Polar Bear" for woodwork. It slightly softens the stark white and also sliigtly increases its ability to cover the old finish. Polar Bear should look fine next to your "cream pale yellow" walls.
Posted 2016-05-15T03:56:19+0000  by ordjen
Greetings DianeHH,

My favorite Behr white is called Swiss Coffee. It has a deep creamy color and compliments every color that is painted next to it!  I have used it in several projects recently, and my aunt just painted her old wooden kitchen cabinets with Swiss Coffee it looks amazing! The color is crisp and fresh but not too stark white...I suggest you pick up a sample size and give it a try!

BEHR Premium Plus 1-gal. #1812 Swiss Coffee Semi-Gloss Enamel Interior Paint
 This chip does not do it justice....Let me what you think, you wont know until you sample it!    Maureen
Posted 2016-05-17T13:54:09+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+