Sign In to join the community | Help
Outdoors

Yard Enforcer

Deer-proof garden | The Home Depot's Garden Club

It may seem crazy but I do get quite a few customers asking about how to stop….deer destruction, or plant, landscape devastation by deer…yup, in Boston.  The city of Boston encompasses acres and acres of green space, from the dense Turtle Pond Woods, to the amazing Millennium Park System all the way throughout our glorious Fredrick Law Olmsted designed, Emerald Necklace, the borders of Boston are luscious and green; that is what I love about my birth city.

Now come the deer from all corners of the city and from the lush borders…. causing all kinds of havoc!

Let us not get started with the bunnies and the squirrels, who seem to not be bothered by, the steps or the presence of human beings….I am with Elmer J. Fudd, those “pesky wabbits”!

“How can I get rid of the bunnies” I am asked all the time by customers, the same with, squirrels and deer!

I get it, all the wild life have to eat, but it is heart breaking when gardens are robbed of the much anticipated tomatoes, and flowers are munched down to the ground, or arborvitaes are chewed,striped of the greens to the trunk; there is plenty of food in the woods for our furry “friends/foe” send them there!

Check out a great motion sensitive sprinkler, The Yard Enforcer, by Orbit. This fantastic concept was brought to my attention by an assistant manager (Mikal) at the West Roxbury, Ma. Home Depot. Mike was asked by a customer to find the, “crop saving device”, …and that he did!

The assistant manager immediately referred me to the sprinkler, and now I tell every customer in the aisles that asks about deer repellents, and now I tell all of you, The Home Depot Community. This is a great alternative to constantly spraying deterrents or putting up fences, and all the other crazy concepts we try, or build, to keep our friends/foes at bay.

Go to this link and watch the video, see this perfectly brilliant, harmless, concept in action!

I hope this is a help to anyone trying to save their landscape from death and destruction.

Thank you Mikal for sharing The Yard Enforcer so that we can "enforce" the best customer service possible!

No more pesky wabbits,

Maureen

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-07-12T15:11:12+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS Maureen_HD_BOS

Topic
Categories+